TDK-Lambda EMEA: UKCA General Announcement
En ligne : 08 Apr 2021
Since 31st December 2020 the UK is no longer part of the European Union.
A direct consequence of this move is the requirement and introduction of the UKCA mark to products put onto the UK market. This new UKCA mark is in addition to the CE mark currently required for the European Union.
What are we doing?
- It is important to note that this is a label change process not a safety approval process.
- Whilst this is, in part, a safety mark update there is no need for additional safety approval work, at this time the UKCA mark references the same EN standards used for CE marking.
- From 1st January 2022, CE marking will no longer be recognised in Great Britain.
- Deadline for products to be labelled (if appropriate) is 1st January 2023.
- Until 1st January 2023, it is permissible to affix the UKCA mark to the product, product packaging or accompanying product documentation. During this transition period packing notes and invoices provided with products shipped from our central warehouse will be marked with the UKCA mark. After this date it is compulsory to have the mark on the product, product packaging or accompanying product documentation as appropriate.
- Additionally to the UKCA logo, the product, product packaging or accompanying product documentation must have the authorised UK representative contact address, this will be TDK-Lambda UK.
- There will be an additional Declaration of Conformity (D of C) for UKCA. TDK-Lambda will create one compliance document that contains both the D of C for CE and the D of C for UKCA. This will replace the current D of C for CE.
We are now working on our programme to implement the new UKCA mark onto our products/packaging/documentation to ensure a timely transition.
For further information, please contact your local TDK-Lambda sales department, or your usual field sales contact for further updates firstname.lastname@example.org