Junior Design Engineer
Location : Ilfracombe, North Devon, UK
This is an opportunity for a Junior Design Engineer to join our progressive and successful development organisation. We have four teams of engineers developing a variety of power supplies and this vacancy is in our Custom and Modified Standard Power Supply Design Team (Power+Solutions), where we design bespoke AC/DC and DC/DC power supplies for individual company requirements. The power ratings that we are providing are in the region of 10W to 2.5kW.
We are looking for a recent graduate with some experience of working under a quality management system, whether that be from a work placement in the electronics industry or employment in another field. The successful applicant will be working as part of a dynamic and friendly team to deliver an ambitious customer driven schedule for product introductions. Achieving customer milestones and technical performance in our products is key to our continuing success.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills Qualifications and Experience:
- Work under the supervision of a more senior engineer to assist in the electrical and mechanical design of power supplies using appropriate technology to meet the customer specification.
- Assist in supporting project plan details after main timescale has been agreed. Advising team when tasks set lead to alterations being needed in project plan to keep to overall objectives.
- Attend in-house seminars and external courses, to further technical knowledge in appropriate technologies.
- Assist in producing documentation for design release of products.
- Keep detailed log-books of laboratory work, and file all development data as per design code of practice.
- A good degree in electronics or physics (2.1 or 1st class)
- Ideally have some experience in an electronics environment, but at least experience and understanding of working to a quality management system.
- Able to work in a team and to take responsibility for their own work.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Ambitious with the drive and enthusiasm to learn and develop both personally and professionally
Salary and Terms of Employment:
Salary to reflect experience, above statutory pension contributions + relocation package