Senior Electronics Engineer
Location : Ilfracombe, North Devon, UK
This is an opportunity for a Senior Electronics Engineer to join our progressive and successful development organisation. We have four teams of engineers developing a variety of power supplies and this vacancy is in our Low Power Design Team, where we design power supplies up to 300W to tight cost and performance specifications.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer with experience in leading the technical aspects of designing Switch Mode Power Supplies. We have an ambitious schedule for introduction of our new range of modular power supplies and the successful applicant will be working in a dynamic and friendly team environment, focused on delivery of these products to manufacturing and the marketplace. The technologies we are using are state of the art and technical performance of our products is key to our continuing success.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and development of power supplies to meet Marketing specifications using appropriate technology to meet cost and performance targets.
- Support the project manager in producing and maintaining project plans, this includes tracking progress of tasks and identifying alterations needed to keep to overall objectives.
- Keeping detailed log books of laboratory work. Filing all development data. Update the “Test and Evaluation Table” for each project. Update the record of non-conformances for each project.
- To become familiar with the key technologies used within TDK-Lambda products and actively seek to acquire competencies in state-of-the art power supply design via self-directed and company initiated training.
- To be familiar with appropriate safety standards used for TDK-Lambda products including updates to these standards.
- Attend as appropriate in house seminars and external courses, to further technical knowledge in appropriate technologies
- Communicate status of work assigned and delegated to more junior team members in a clear and concise manner.
- Supervise the work of Engineers, Junior Engineers and Technicians.
- Work with and support the work of other departments, including manufacturing engineering and sales; and external sub-contractors as required.
Skills Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc in a subject related to Power Electronics
- Significant experience in PSU design covering a variety of topologies including buck, boost, half or full bridge. Design of resonant power stages, PFC circuits and magnetics for transformers and chokes. LLC and resonant stages desirable.
- Must be able to carry out loop stabilisation, thermal management and EMC design and problem solving.
- Knowledge of the selection and application of control ICs to meet design requirements.
- Able to work in a team and also assist the project manager with planning and development timescales.
- Capable of coaching and development of less experienced engineers.
Salary and Terms of Employment:
- Salary to reflect experience, above statutory pension contributions, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, relocation package
Deadline : 04-11-2019